Sunday 16 June 2013

Watching other people dance is rather entertaining for me. Others have talent while others just need help. I had managed to let go of Lesego's arm and was starting to relax. Kgosi came over to find out if we were okay. "I'm fine but don't you guys have anything other than alcohol to accomodate me?" I asked King, who's smile was enough to make ice melt. "Would an Appletiser do?" he asked. "It would be perfect." I said as he lightly tapped his hand on my bare knee. "Is it that bad?" my twin asked and I shook my head as we laughed. I had asked him to accompany me to the bathroom and just as we were in, we were out and returned to where we were seated. A few moments later, King returned with my choice of beverage and I had got to drinking. Sipping on it slowly as if it were real wine. King laughed. "You should get the real stuff" he said. "No thanks." I started, "The pretence works for me" as he laughed. Why would anyone as cute as King be involved in such crime, I thought. He should be preaching God's gospel instead of hosting these ostentatious parties. I smiled at my own silly thoughts. I can be an idiot when I have the time. In no time, Kgosi and I were chatting about almost anything, flirting in between. Lesego was happy to see me relaxed. And I was glad to be in a falsified utopia for a while because nothing seem to matter. My troubles were gone. "Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away", if that's how that Beatles song went. A young lady approached towards us and Lesego jumped to his feet. I almost had to giggle. Her name was Ontlametse. Lesego's lady of interest. I shook her hand and introduced myself. King excused himself as the three of us sat down to chat. At the moment, I don't know what to make of her or my brother's taste in women. But I decided to let him grow up as he wishes. Ontlametse excused herself briefly, as she needed to "powder her nose". I looked at my brother and he smiled. "Please don't overdo it with the alcohol. You're driving." I requested and he just continued smiling at me. You know that moment you can feel a pair of eyes looking at you? That's how it felt. I had turned my head to find King staring at me. I looked away quickly and Ontlametse was making her way back. We resumed our conversation, when we heard what sounded like people cheerleading. I asked Lesego what the commotion was about and he indifferently replied, "Just two random people kissing". I was shocked. Not sure if it was with the way he said it or that it was so normal, people didn't mind cheerleading. I HAD to leave this satan's den party. I may not be the most religious human being but I had morals. I asked Lesego if he minded taking me home. He instantly gave me the "We aren't going anywhere look". He ignored my plea. I sat there biglipped and pissed. I wanted to go home and I wanted to go home now. I didn't care about Lesego and his stupid little girlfriend. I nagged him and we went outside and Lesego didn't hold back. Neither did I. He then agreed to take me home after our war of words. I then sat and waited in the car whilst my twin was chatting to his friends. I sent Lesego an sms and he started walking towards the car. He stopped again and entered the car. "King would like to talk to you." he said. I sat in the car and barely budged. King came over to my side. He talked to me and flashed his smile. I was in NO mood to play nice. "Just do it for Lesego", he said. He needs to ask her out. Come on, Masego" he pleaded. I agreed and sat in the car. I took out my phone and started poking at it. I got out the car and made my way back to the party. King met me at the door and said he had to introduce me to certain people. Again, I was in no mood. He dismissed the idea and led me to his room. I looked at him, rather appalled. "You may rest here." he said calmly. "No one except Lesego will enter. Not even me." Such a sweetheart. True to his word, no one else except Lesego, who found me asleep, had come into the room. We then headed home. I was looking forward to my stay if every weekend was going to be as good as this one. Mafikeng. Masego Letsie is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment