Saturday 29 June 2013

I was up in the kitchen cooking up a storm for Sunday lunch. There was something awesome about Sundays that seemed to put me at ease. Lesego could cook but, just as most guys, could never bother standing in front of a stove preparing a full meal. He would only do so where eggs, bacon and a russian sausage for himself were concerned. Although he always made sure to make a nuisance of himself when I was busy. "I'm glad you allowed me to stay. If we had left earlier, what happened wouldn't have happened", he said. I was busy peeling and asked him, "What happened?". He had this silly smile and said, "Like she told me how she felt." I know not everyone thinks about sex but I couldn't help but wonder if "she told me how she felt" actually meant, "she showed me how she felt". It's awkward talking to your twin brother about sex. And we have sworn to each other never to mention the three letter word. Instead replaced it with our own phrase: "The Magic Show", referring to the disappearing and reappearing of two parties who went to do the deed. "So you're official?" I asked. "Yes" came his short and quick reply. I found it strange how people decided to be in a relationship. Of course I'm not saying everyone lays spread eagle waiting to exhale in heaps of orgasms automatically making them boyfriend and girlfriend but somewhere out there, you know of at least several people. And I did. My brother. He quickly and not so quickly tried to shift the focus to me. "Did you have fun?", Lesego asked. I looked at him as if to say, "What do you think?". He dropped the topic and we started discussing other things. Lunch was ready. And everyone assembled at the table. I wasn't hungry so I covered my food and placed my plate in the fridge, reserving it for later and in the meantime, enjoyed a cup of coffee and relaxed. The boys, Lesego and my brother's son Kopano, were clearing the table and washing the dishes. My brother, his wife and their daughters had decided to go visit his mother-in-law, and we knew that meant we had the house to ourselves. I was going to have to be the Mother bear. Instill some order here. Kopano was against going and stayed home with us. All the more fun. The area my brother lived in was rather tranquil. A simple suburban life. And there was no disturbing that peace. So there was no way things were going to get out of hand. Were they? We chilled outside, reminiscing and sharing a good few laughs about my mother. As stubborn and impossible she was, she was funny, crazy and just great fun. Just then some of Kopano's friends came to visit. I had learnt that their names were Keobakile, Gontse and Warona. I had no problems being surrounded by guys, not if they were as gorgeous as these three. Excluding Lesego and Kopano. Since being away from my Prince Charming, I've become a cheater. A mental cheater. I've had thoughts about meeting other guys. I was so disgusted with myself that it felt like my morals had taken a backseat and I was out there screaming, "Fuck it! I'm Young." Truth is, yes I am young but being able to disgust yourself was a feeling no stable relationship could fix. I should be honest with my man and tell him. No matter what happens. Right? WRONG! I don't know what I'd do if he ended things with me. Just keep quiet for now. With all those thoughts pushed aside, two more people were said to join the party. Lesego's other friends. More guys? Bring it on. One can never have enough guy friends. And it was indeed true, guys are easier to get along with than girls. An undeniable fact. Lesego's friends pitched for what we called, "Detox Day". My heart made small rapid beats and I blushed from the inside. It was King. Tall and gorgeous King. He immediately made eye contact with me and I made sure not to move my eyes. "Dear God, on which day did you create this guy", I thought. The physical attraction between us was getting stronger every minute. Or was it just me? "Let's go get some snacks" suggested Warona. Everyone agreed in unison and I definetly wanted to change. And it was going to take a while. Luckily no one was in a hurry and this gave me more time to make another lasting impression. Happy with the way I looked, I was ready to go. I could tell King was impressed. "Stop staring." I joked, "You just never know who you'll bump into so I'm prepared for anything." The party then hopped into different cars, Lesego and I with King and Kopano with his friends. King had opened up the door for me, in front. Right next to him. Cue the Lionel Richie song, or was it the Commodores song? Either way, he just wanted to get "close to me for a moment" or more. I was not about to complain. I reverted to my "introverted" self whilst on our way to the store. This journey just may get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment