Sunday 16 June 2013

The next morning, My twin and I had decided to make breakfast for everyone. It was a Sabbath and I wasn't in the mood for church that day. Maybe next week, I thought, as I arranged the table. My older brother was married and had three kids, an 18 year old son, a 10 year old daughter and a 5 year old daughter. While I drifted with my thoughts, everyone had come to sit and enjoy breakfast. My sister-in-law had requested that my twin brother and I run some errands for her, and without fail, we agreed. My brother saw it as an opportunity to drive around and look cool in a borrowed car. I saw it as an opportunity to learn the place. When it came to height, my twin clearly got my dad's gene and didn't seem to mind towering over me, even if I was minutes older than him. And I got my short height from my mother. While on our errand run (the shopping centre was called Mega City) Lesego would bump into people he knew and would automatically jump to the conclusion that I was his girlfriend. It was "shock and horror" to find out that I wasn't. Like a sigh of relief for them. Being your friend's sister doesn't mean I'm available, I thought as we continued. Before we headed home, Lesego made a stop somewhere. Out came a guy who looked too dodgy for my liking. I learnt that his name was Kgosi, nickmamed King. He looked like he sold all sorts off illegal things, and yet I wasn't completely off the mark. His main domain of profit was selling Marijuana or weed, as it's commonly known. "Is he your friend?" I asked Lesego, who could sense the dislike in my tone. "No," he hestitated, "He's just "my supplier", so to say." Was this the company my brother was keeping? I didn't expect him to be a saint at his age, but I was just afraid that he may get involved with the wrong crowd. "So tell me about this girl" I said, trying to change the topic. Lesego couldn't stop talking about this amazing girl, and his happiness tone was evident. As much as I cared for my brother, I couldn't help but not want him to grow up and discover girls, but I couldn't stop him. "You may meet her later" he said as we approached home. I was exhausted from the drive and just wanted to rest. My brother, his wife and the kids were out. So it was just me and my darling twin. He came into the room and rested next to me. "How's the Prince?" he teased and we laughed. "He just smsed me," I said. "He obviously misses me" as I smiled. My brother looked at me and I knew that he wanted something. "No" I said immediately, while he did his best, trying to make me change my mind. "I won't sell you" he said as he laughed. Maybe it won't be so bad, I thought. "I'll think about it" I said and he left my room. I laid my head to rest, and maybe dream of my Prince Charming. There were two men in my life, one was my amazing boyfriend, the other was I crush I had since I found out he existed (since I was 16, to be precise), that being AKA. It drove my twin and my boyfriend crazy. And that didn't phase me at all. In my daydreams, AKA was mine and we were going to have children together and that was that. Although my boyfriend didn't like my "obsessive ways" he was supportive and would take me to AKA's performances. And I loved him for that. There was a racket in the house that woke me up from my rest. Everyone was back at home. I had agreed to my twin's request and he got permission to use the car. We both were busy getting ready for my virgin night out. I smsed Prince Charming, informing him of my whereabouts. Although he was far away, I still thought he deserved to know. And in minutes, my twin and I were ready and rearing to go. We left home and went to the party. The party was at Kgosi's place. Lesego tried to sweet talk me into having a great time. "At this place?!" I thought, "I'll never be able to relax." As if he read my thoughts, he held my hand and looked at me "Just be yourself, sis. And you'll be okay. I won't let you out of my sight" he said and kissed my cheek. My brother knew how to soften me up, that's for sure. As we got out the car and made our way to the door, I latched onto Lesego's arm. It was full. Girls wearing loads of make up, dressed in tight, figure hugging, if not a peeking bum or two outfits. With hair done right. Kgosi came to meet us and seemed to undress me with his eyes. But even I couldn't deny the physical attraction we seemed to have. He smiled at me and I smiled back at him. This night wasn't going to be so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment